Maybank Card Activation Guide, Malaysia Maybank – Maybank Malaysia offers a wide range of Credit, Debit, Visa, and Mastercards. If you are a new Malaysian Maybank cardholder, you might be looking for Maybank Card Activation right?. For safety and security reasons, it’s the policy of Maybank to ship the cards to its customers in a deactivated state. As a brand new cardholder, you have to activate your card to make it eligible for purchases and transactions.
By carefully following this guide, you can easily activate any Maybank card. For your easiness, we have described different methods of card activation, for example activating your Maybank atm or money cards using online activation portal, over the phone, or via SMS. According to your card type, you can follow the method which suits you the best and get started with activating your card.
Requirements For Maybank Card Activation
Before performing the activation process for your Maybank Credit or Debit Card, make sure you have these details available to you:
- Details about you – such as your Full Name, Date of Birth, Father/Mother Name, etc
- Your 6-digit Card PIN Number (usually comes with your card) or Internet Banking PIN Number that you created at Maybank Branch. Don’t have a PIN? Contact 24/7 Customer Care Hotline 1-300 88 6688 (Malaysia)
- An email address and a working phone number for security code verification
- Your ATM/Credit/Debit/Prepaid Card Number
Maybank Card Activation Guide
There are two different methods for activating your Maybank Credit Card: using online credit card activation portal or activating over the phone.
Activating Maybank Credit Card by Phone Call:
To perform your Maybank Credit Card’s activation over the phone, you need to:
- Dial Maybank Credit Card Activation hotline number @ +1 300 88 6688
- Follow the voice prompts and choose credit card activation
- A customer support agent will take your call and verify your identity by asking for information such as your Maybank Credit Card number, card expiration date, your full name, phone number, date of birth, etc
- The support agent will also ask you to create your Credit Card’s PIN. Simply dial the PIN on your mobile’s dial pad
- Once everything is done, the support agent will activate your Credit Card and you may use it immediately.
Activating Maybank Credit Card Online:
To perform the activation of your Maybank Credit Card online, you first need to activate your online banking account and then proceed with the credit card activation. Here’s what to do:
- Visit Maybank’s online Credit Card Activation Portal @ maybank2u.com.my credit card activate
- Sign up to create an online banking account
- Enter your card number
- Enter the card PIN that you obtained from the branch or that came along with your card
- Agree with the terms & conditions, and click ‘Continue’
- Now create a unique username and password for your online banking account
- Once you have successfully created your online bank account, it’s time to activate your card
- Log in with your online bank account details [CLICK HERE]
- Once you are inside the admin panel, click on ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Manage Credit Cards’. Here you will see your new card with the status Pending
- To activate the card, select the ‘More Options Menu’ (three dots or lines)
- Click on Set Pin
- Enter a unique pin that you want to set for your card
- Click on ‘Confirm’ and your Credit Card will be fully activated.
Maybank Credit/Debit Card Activation for Overseas Use
If you want to travel abroad outside your home nation Malaysia and want your Maybank Debit/Credit card activated for overseas use, then simply follow the below mentioned guide and learn how to get your Maybank card activated for use at any worldwide ATM or POS system.
There are two different methods for performing your Maybank Credit or Debit Card activation for Overseas use – via online or at Maybank ATM. Choose the method that suits you the best and you are good to go.
Activating Maybank Card For Overseas Use via ATM:
- Visit any Maybank ATM
- Insert your card inside the cash machine
- On the ATM menu, click on ‘Other Transaction’
- Click on ‘Other Services’
- Click on ‘Overseas ATM Service’
- Click on ‘Activate (Temporary)’
- Doing so, your Maybank Card will be fully activated for worldwide use.
Activating Maybank Card For Overseas Use via Online:
- Log in with your account at Maybank2u
- Click on Card Management
- Click Overseas ATM Facility
- Click on Activate and enter your card details
- Your Maybank Debit or Credit card will be activated for overseas use.
If you have any question about this article Maybank Card Activation Guide, Malaysia Maybank, leave a comment in our comment box and we will attend to you as fast as we can. Thanks