Mo ibrahim foundation leadership fellowship program [2019/2020] – To apply for the 2019/2020 Mo Ibrahim Foundation Academy Fellowship, you have to propose a research project. Your proposal should consider how your country or region has been affected – positively or negatively – by aspects of global governance. For example, you might ask: What influence have international organisations (or any single IO) had on your country or region? In what ways can international organisations help your country or region confront the challenges it faces? What are the lessons for rules-based international organisations from dealings with your country/region? How is your country/region conforming to/straying from norms of rules-based governance?
So, Fellows are strongly encouraged to consider our existing research programmes and develop a research proposal that seeks to make a direct contribution to our work on specific topics and regions and to link this to the challenge of regional and global governance.
project topics may include
- What global and national governance strategies can ensure effective health coverage at the national level?
- What governance strategies are most effective for ensuring that international organisations incorporate the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)s?
- What are the broader implications of Asia’s rise – particularly China’s significance – for global governance and the international rules-based system?
- Is a state-centric approach to the Arab world sufficient or will regional dynamics require a different set of mechanisms for effective governance?
- What are the implications of rapid growth in the Asia-Pacific region for regional and global governance?
- What innovative regional and global solutions are there for responding to the refugee crisis and the contemporary politics surrounding immigration?
- What global strategies will be most effective for responding to challenges such as antimicrobial resistance and climate change?
- How can governments and non-state actors deliver good governance and security in Russia and the Eastern Partnership countries?
- Given the constraints imposed by its domestic politics, how can the United States most productively engage in the mechanisms and institutions of global governance?
- How can inclusive, sustainable growth and accountable governance be achieved in Africa?
- What lessons can be learned for regional governance from the political and economic challenges the EU has faced over the last decade?
- Are existing institutions for managing the global economy fit for purpose?
The fellowship is aimed at candidates at the mid-stage of their career and who come from academia, NGOs, business, government departments, civil society or the media. They should possess knowledge of, and an interest in, one of the policy-related challenges laid out in the research topics.
This fellowship is open to citizens of Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Ethiopia, Uganda, Mozambique and Zambia.
It is required that the applicant holds a completed BA degree or equivalent. A Masters degree with an international focus is preferred.
Are expected to work full-time towards their fellowship throughout the 10 month duration
Monthly stipend: £2,29
Benefits include full access to the Academy’s Leadership Programme, Alumni Programme, 5-year complimentary Chatham House membership and Academy Associate status (awarded upon the successful completion of the fellowship). Fellows also have access to the staff canteen providing complimentary tea, coffee and lunch and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. Modest provision is also made for the costs of relocation, fieldwork, and possible publication costs.
Steps to apply for Mo ibrahim foundation leadership fellowship program [2019/2020]
CLICK HERE to apply
—> submit electronic copies of the following documents;
- Scanned copy of the photo page of your passport (to confirm you meet the nationality requirements
If you have any question about this article Mo ibrahim foundation leadership fellowship program [2019/2020], leave a comment in our comment box and we will attend to you as fast as we can. Thanks